First, the rules. Disney songs must come from Disney animated movies. No hybrid animation/live action films I’M LOOKING AT YOU, ENCHANTED, YOU MONSTROSITY. Cannot be from a Pixar Movie. It can’t be from Frozen cuz that shit sucked. It cannot be a credit song. ENDRULES.
WE BEGIN AT FOURTEEN.
14. Take to the Sky – Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
As Supreme Ruler of Disneyland – this is what it feels like to bring someone to Disneyland for the first time.
“All of your life you’ve been waiting
Keeping your feet on the ground
So much that you’ve never seen
Has just been a dream until now
Everyone knows its your moment
The magic you need is inside
So go out and fallow your heart
Make all your dreams come to life”
Hold on as I weep.
13. Why Should I Worry – Oliver and Company
It’s Billy Joel. BILLY.FUCKING.JOEL.
12. Little Wonders – Meet the Robinsons
God, Wilbur is so hot. This song is so low on the list because it can, in some vague universe, be considered a credit song BUT IT’S TOTALLY NOT because it starts BEFORE the credits. I WIN.
11. Mine Mine Mine – Pocahontas
While EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM was flipping out about painting with wind and river bends, THE REST OF US WERE OVER HERE HINUNNYNUNNYING. Seriously – this song. Mel Gibson, hinunnynunny, what more could you ask for.
10. When Will My Life Begin (Reprise) & I’ve Got A Dream – Tangled
If you’re not weeping after the When Will My Life Begin Reprise, or dying of laughter after I’ve Got a Dream: YOU HAVE NO SOUL.
“But despite my extra toes
And my goiter, and my nose” OH GOD. SLAY ME.
9. Les Piossons – The Little Mermaid
Another case of parts of worlds and under seas.
8. The Whole Damn Album (minus You’ll be in My Heart) – Tarzan
‘N SYNC. ‘N SYNC AND PHIL COLLINS. PHIL COLLINS!!! THIS WHOLE ALBUM IS MAGNIFICENT. Son of man? Trashin’ the Camp? Stranger Like Me? UGH SO GOOD.
7. Look Through My Eyes – Brother Bear
6. All the Songs Sung By the Incredible (and Sassy) Black Women – Hercules
We’re talking Zero to Hero, Gospel Truth 1-3, and A Star is Born.
Disney and Women of Color/People of Color are not a good mix, generally speaking. But these songs are incredible and they’re the only reason to watch Hercules, let’s get real. HONEY, YOU MEAN HUNKULES.
5. This is Halloween, Jack’s Lamment, Kidnap the Sandy Clause, & Oogie Boogie’s Song – The Nightmare Before Christmas
Omnomnom. This movie is just. IT IS JUST. Perfection. Leave me alone as I watch it every night in October.
4. He Lives in You – Lion King II: Simba’s Pride
Let’s get real – this movie is a piece of shit. BUT there are two reasons you should watch it: He Lives in You and the line in the gif above.
3. Stand Out and I 2 I – Goofy Movie
IF YOU’RE NOT SKANKING WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE SECONDS OF THIS SONG – WE CANNOT BE FRIENDS.
2. The Whole Damn Thing, I Mean All of It – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
IF YOU’RE ABOUT TO ARGUE WITH ME, THEN YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED THIS MOVIE SINCE IT CAME OUT. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS INCREDIBLE.
1. Kanine Krunchies – 101 Dalmations
Without question, Kanine Kwunchies is the most incredible Disney song OF ALL TIME. This is better than any other Disney song out of all the Disney Songs.
You’re welcome for this Disney Education, world.
This Complete, Official and Absolute List of Underappreciated Disney Songs brought to you by the unquestionable Empresses of Disneyland, Steffi B. and Kelsi H.
To the furthest star and back,
P.S. PUNISHMENTS. I think you need to lip sync your favorite unappreciated Disney song in an Instagram video. Yes, I believe that’s suitable.