As I’m sure you know, the Global Goals released today. While going through them, I’m going to show you the ones that made my heart leap into my chest.
3. Good Heath and Well Being:
- By 2030, ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes (actual crying)
- Achieve universal health coverage, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all
I can’t even imagine a world where sexual health and education is EVERYWHERE. And this goal will undo my heart and stick it back together if it comes to fruition.
4. Quality Educaiton:
- By 2030, ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university (YAAAS)
- By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations (GIVE IT TO ME)
- By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development (crying)
- Build and upgrade education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe, nonviolent, inclusive and effective learning environments for all (crying harder)
5. Gender Equality:
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere (ACTUALLY LEGITIMATELY WEEPING)
- Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences (YES)
- Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels (READ THIS WHOLE SECTION AND I DARE YOU NOT TO CRY)
7. Affordable and Clean Energy: Kara, you know how excited I get about clean energy!
- By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology (YAAAY!!!!)
10. Reduce Inequalities:
- By 2030, empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status (GIVE IT TO ME NOW)
- Adopt policies, especially fiscal, wage and social protection policies, and progressively achieve greater equality
- Facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed migration policies (A MILLION TIMES YES!!)
12 Responsible Consumption:
- Implement the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, all countries taking action, with developed countries taking the lead, taking into account the development and capabilities of developing countries
- By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
- By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment
- By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- Rationalize inefficient fossil-fuel subsidies that encourage wasteful consumption by removing market distortions, in accordance with national circumstances, including by restructuring taxation and phasing out those harmful subsidies, where they exist, to reflect their environmental impacts, taking fully into account the specific needs and conditions of developing countries and minimizing the possible adverse impacts on their development in a manner that protects the poor and the affected communities (!!!!!!!)
13. Climate Action:
- Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning
- Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
14. Life Below Water:
- By 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, in particular from land-based activities, including marine debris and nutrient pollution
16. Peace And Justice Strong Institutions:
- Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere.
- Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development.
Let me know your favorite Global Goals!!
To the furthest star and back,