Happy New Year! Today is the most wonderful day of the year. Do you know why? Because today is Changing Hand’s Customer Appreciation Day! Where nearly the whole store is 25% off! And you bet your ass I’m there right now (because I’m writing this in advance (because seriously, it’s 25% off (that’s ONE IN EVERY FOUR BOOKS FREE IF THEY’RE THE SAME PRICE!!))).
2016 is looking to be a good year. We begin with our rescheduled trip to Orlando, a week of relaxation in August for my mom’s 60th birthday (!! the woman doesn’t look a day over 45, I am going to look like a gd baby when I get older), two weeks in Japan for our honeymoon in October/November, and a new HP film!!
Now, I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions. I’ve never done them because I never stick to them and I genuinely think that if you want to make a change, you shouldn’t wait until some arbitrary “change” day. But, I thought I would be a sheep this year because I want to make 2016 a better year than 2015, which was a really hard year (even though it ended rather beautifully).
So here are my New Year’s resolutions:
- Floss. I want to floss more. I’d like to try going all of January flossing every single day. We’ll see how I do.
- Get off my phone. I will be on my phone even when there’s nothing to see, or nothing I want to see. And truthfully, most of what’s on my social media (primarily Instagram, where I haven’t done a big enough purge yet) is stuff that I just don’t care about. I want to start taking that time away from my phone and use it for stuff that makes me happy. Like reading or spending time with Andrew. (I also wish that I could have my Motorola Razr back. It was pink with flowers on it.)
- Get my ass back in the gym. All of October and November, I was going to my gym at least twice a week. I’d like to do that again.
- This is something I’ve already determined. This is the year that I WILL NOT GET SICK, FOR FUCKS SAKE. No illnesses. No ruined trips.
- To do this: I will focus my time on being less stressed. There are stresses that I can’t control and those that I can. I will focus a lot of energy this year on staying less stressed. Which means more time at home, keeping my house tidy, saying no to things I don’t want to do, etc. I want to be happy and stress-free this year.
- In 2015, I doubled the amount of books I read in 2014. I don’t know if its feasible for me to double it again (because that would be 36 books in a year), but I would like to at least hit 20. I wouldn’t be proud if I hit 20, I would be proud if I hit 25, but if I get to 20 I will at least not feel like a worthless piece of shit.
These are my new years resolutions! Let’s hope that 2016, my first married year, will be my favorite year.